When elaborating how does Garcinia Cambogia Work – Garcinia is also known as Gambooge – we have to mention the important active ingredient, the Hydroxycitric acid. This acid, shortly called just HCA is the component behind the weight loss philosophy of this supplement.
A form of Citric Acid
- it is a natural preservative, conservative,
- it is responsible for that sour taste in our in food and soft drinks,
- citrate is known to regulate the size of calcium crystals (reduces possibility of kidney stones),
- it’s used by Cosmetics industry for it’s natural detoxicating, and deep-cleansing ability, and
- also has some antiviral effects.
Where Else Can You Find HCA?
Hydroxycitric acid (see picture) is a form of this Citric Acid, and besides Garcinia Cambogia it is found in many pther plants. For example in Hibiscus. Hibiscus tea has numerous benefits, among others:
- its a natural diuretic (helps producing urine) which makes it very popular amongst people with kidney problems,
- has a lot of vitamins and minerals, great home remedy for light colds, and
- lowers blood pressure.
Does it work? Well, it is interesting to know that Gambooge is, and has been for a long time, widely used in cooking in different parts of words. It is one of the ingredients used to prepare curry.
How does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
Here is a shortlist of the most important and some interesting facts about works of Garcinia Cambogia. It is known to work in a double-action formula, which is:
- Suppresses your appetite,
- Stops creation of fatty cells!
And it also:
- Strengthens your immune system!
- Improves your metabolism!
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol and Blood Pressure!
Is HCA from Garcinia Cambogia safe to use?
Several studies showed, that the HCA from Garcinia Cambogia, when taken in proper dosage, can work to reduce appetite and lower the production of fatty cells in your body thus helping you lose weight. It is important to mention that studies vary and different studies have shown different results.
If you are considering Garcinia Cambogia for your weight loss diet, make sure you follow the allowed daily dosage: 500-1500 mg of 50% HCA (check your product label for exact data). The amount you should take depends also on your weight, but all these recommended numbers are proven to work. If the intake is less than 500mg a day, you might not see the benefit of it. You might also want to combine it with some exercise, do some work out and in this way avoid side effects and boost the benefits. And like in any other supplement, the proper dosage is the key of having the most benefits without problems.
Bottom line: use it right, and there should be no unwanted side effect. People often ask about the purity of Garcinia Cambogia, and wonder why it contains Potassium. Calcium, Potassium and Chromium are all sometimes found in Garcinia Cambogia and that is a good thing. Potassium actually helps Garcinia work better. If you follow this link you can find out why is it great to have Potassium in Garcinia Cambogia.
What are the side effects of Garcinia Cambogia?
It would be very unwise to state that there are absolutely no side effects of taking Garcinia Cambogia. There is always a possibility that your body will react to a supplement, so some precaution is always good.
Side effects will be close to none, if you are prepared: What one should always remember – with each weight loss plan, not just this one – it is very important to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day, while being on a diet. If you can, drink even more! This is because most diets have diuretic properties (makes you lose water from your body) so drinking more water keeps this water loss on minimal level. It also helps cleansing toxic material out of your body. Apart from safety issues mentioned before, some users have reported the following discomforts as garcinia cambogia side effects:
- mild headache
- increased bowel movement
- some diarrhea
In case you experience any of the mentioned side effects, you still shouldn’t be alarmed, but it might be good if you had someone to consult. First, because you want to be absolutely sure that the condition or the feeling was due to your take of Garcinia Cambogia – many times this is not the case. It is a fact that our body reacts to a lot of external conditions, even change in weather can cause headache. Naturally first we would be scared that it must be the new supplement that we are taking, but most of the time, this is not the case. So if you feel you do have some side effects, please consult with your doctor firts. Not only that. There is another important factor that you should be aware of: A recent study conducted in UK presented results – which reflect any other developed country worldwide such as USA, Canada or Australia – that show a very different picture about actual risks of taking supplements. It is now what we would think of. The study shows that:
- it is almost 15,000 times more likely for a person to die from an alcohol related disease than from taking food supplement.
- or, for example, take paracetamol, a common ingredient in majority of painkillers, is 348x more likely to have a fatal outcome, than from taking a supplement,
- and we won’t even bother to go as high as car/motorcycle accidents (35,000 times more),
- if you work as a military person in a War zone (326,000 times more) or in the end, not surprisingly:
- smoking, which is almost 800,000 more likely to kill, then a food supplement!
This picture represents the table with numbers discussed above:
Supplements are measured as 1 on this picture! As you can see, everything else is rated as higher risk than the supplements we are taking. (picture courtesy of Alliance of Natural Health, click here for the original)
But lets try to Focus on the Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Here are again the benefits, the reason why it should really work for you:
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your metabolism
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol and Blood Pressure
and most importantly
- Suppresses your appetite and
- Stops creation of fatty cells!
These effects are stepping into action couple of weeks after staring your new diet, but they work on a long term. Do not believe the hype of losing weight in 5 days with no special diets or suffering of your body pretty much. Your body is a complex mechanism that reacts to new things and adapts to new situations. The most important part of any diet, is consistency. Be consistent, and once you try it out, stick to it. Change it only if you can really prove it doesn’t have any effect on you. And this stands for all types of nutrition or diet plans. Be smart with your weight loss plan, you might see it work better, and you might see the benefits soon.
Hope you liked my post on how does garcinia cambogia work, but if you have questions post them in the comment section.